Face-to-face meeting ISO 15926
21/22 June 2012
Fluor Haarlem, The Netherlands
- Ian Glendinning
- Mange Valen-Sendstad
- Hans Teijgeler
- Onno Paap
Summary of the Meeting
Plant Lifecycle Model
- Hans diagrams (http://15926.org/publications/general-discussions/ ) are an overview. They can always be extended in scope and detail, detail that is implied or omitted, but this is not intended to be the ISO15926 Instance diagram for implementation. The latter is driven by template selection (e.g. using patterns in the JORD Methodology, which has had the agreed lifecycle model embedded since IDS/ADI version.
- Main omission from JORD methodology so far is explicit use of temporal parts and therefore adding of temporal whole-part relations necessary
- Implicitly defaulting to all being temporal parts (for same as-installed steady-state operation case. Pragmatic adoption rule will be incorporated – e.g.: where planned / significant to the facility lifecycle business process – not all circumstantial changes and additions to known information.)
Class Lifecycle Model
- Hans diagrams not contentious. Essentially about specializing at the right level for the life of the item classified.
- E.g. Ur-Class for long life objects, specialized leaf where applicable to the temporal part. Already supported by intended modelling and methodology.
- Unusual to go back to set-theory approach, but not contentious. This Individual, Class and Class_of_Class model is already supported by intended modeling and methodology (Appendix E of JORD mapping methodology).
Other topics discussed
- Progress with JORD Methodology, Template Graph documentation format, and federated RDL scopes / ID schemes, etc.
- Format of diagrams.
- Use Magne’s instance diagram format for patterns and the implementable set of templates derived. Use Hans’ style for the overview model of how the patterns fit into the overall business scope & lifecycle model.
No significant discussion – Part 8 & Part 3 RDL representation
Cited are only the topics with a direct relation to the MMT Work.
The MoM from the meeting as a whole can be found at this link