The POSC Caesar SIG Technical Advisory Board
Also see the Special Interest Groups main page.
TAB / SIG / MMT Framework
- Top Layer - TAB - Technical Advisory Board
- board appointed representatives of all SIG's and working groups.
- primarily for road-map coordination, management visibility of work and deliverable progress, resourcing, priorities, etc.
- coordination with collaborating external work-groups & potentially competing initiatives. More, wider cooperation is always possible and valuable, but pragmatically limited by need to focus on delivering on already agreed collaborations and initiatives.
- Mid Layer - SME SIG's - Subject Matter Special Interest Groups
- focussing on agreeing subject matter definitions and requirements for reference data,
- authority on SME content and usage, reporting deliverables to TAB.
- any appropriate deliverable format. PCA / JORD-supported sandboxes ideally / ultimately.
- formation of new SME SIG's generally "ground-up" by groups discovering interest in creating new content.
- SIG membership limited to members of participating membership organisations, except where TAB authorizes participation by valuable non-member contributors.
- any non-SME-specific modelling and technology issues / questions routed to Technical SIG's
- Bottom Layer - Technical SIG's - technical subjects common across all working SIG's.
- Includes MMT SIG and Technology Architecture SIG
- Core MMT Group within MMT SIG for commitment to formal expert review, and a deadlock-breaker group with decisive authority on otherwise incomplete technical agreements. Authority comes from main PCA board (and MoU's with collaborating boards) via the TAB appointment of the core and deadlock-breaker groups.