PCA Modelling, Methods and Technology, January 31st 2013

Time and place

31.01.2013, 2.30PM - 3.30PM (CET)
GoToMeeting (how to connect - need login)
Next meeting: February 28th 2013, 2.30-3.30PM CET

Attendees

Darius Kanga, Geiza Hamazaki, Hilbert Pretorius, Ian Glendinning, Keith Willshaw, Onno Paap, Peter Denno, Victor Agroskin, Tore Christiansen, Kari Anne Haaland Thorsen and Lillian Hella (MoM)

Agenda:

  1. Approval of agenda
  2. Approval of MoM from last meeting
  3. Review and decide meeting times
  4. MMT core group voting - evaluation
  5. JORD workshops - admin and user tool
  6. Pattern support in Part 8
  7. Cooperation of the Fiatech HEED and IIP/TIPs projects to map HEED properties to TIPs
  8. PCA, MIMOSA, Fiatech Forum – Americas 2013 - San Antonio, March 24 and 25
  9. A.O.B.

Minutes of Meeting

1. Approval of agenda
Approved.

2. Approval of MoM from last meeting
Approved.

3. Review and decide meeting times
We will use this meeting slot for future MMT meetings. Time can be changed by occasion. Lillian will send out new invites.

4. MMT core group voting - evaluation
This item is a continuation from the last meeting where there were too few present to conclude. We agree that the voting process has been working fine, and can also be used in the future. As mentioned at the last meeting, the possibility to vote “abstain” if one does not have any strong opinion on the issue that is up for voting should be added.

5. JORD workshops - admin and user tool
Ian informed; there have been two JORD workshops for the admin and user tools for the PCA RDL. There will be more work done on the tool side in future meetings. Topics in the workshops lead to discussion about Patterns. See 6.

6. Pattern support in Part 8
The methodology itself is available here: https://www.posccaesar.org/raw-attachment/wiki/FiatechJord/JORD-ISO15926-Mapping-Methodology-V2.doc

Why Patterns? – Business layer NEEDS, requiring high-quality lifecycle management in 15926 RDL’s and project reference data and instance data-stores.
Needs – business modelling by selection of TSP’s and Params using naming and user interfaces familiar to the business domain ie JORD Methodology. Federated component architecture across distinct business-process usage domains (eg business, development, P2/P7 modelling) as well as across implementation technology components.

Main question raised: any Multi Dimensional Objects (MDO’s )can / will be represented as n-ary relations? Supported syntactically by P8 now? and P8 will continue to be supported by P12 in future?

It is necessary to know that patterns are supported by Part 8 and will continue to do so. As Part 8 is only a technical specification, it has not been used in the industry yet. It is being tested. Several errors have been found in the rdf files that come with Part 8. There is a Part 8 Implementation Workgroup that is evaluating and will provide feedback to the community. It is recommended to post this issue at the Part 8 Implementation Workgroup Forum (at 15926.org).

It should be possible to enhance the template language. It should not be necessary to reinvent a rule language. We have the AND operator, but to extend with e.g. OR would give more possibilities and give possibility for additional statements.

7. Cooperation of the Fiatech HEED and IIP/TIPs projects to map HEED properties to TIPs
Onno informed about the HEED and IIP/TIPs projects. Heed stands for Harmonizing Industry Standards to Exchange Equipment Data. Some general information available at: http://www.fiatech.org/information-management/projects/980-harmonizing-industry-standards-to-exchange-equipment-data

They are using the TIP editor for mapping. Properties have been made, but there has not been made any mappings yet. Mappings are due April. The TIP editor can be used up to the formal definition of the mappings. Now the mappings are on the form for engineers, and do not show the formal details behind it. A new version of TIP is planned, and Darius will present the plans for the TIP editor at the next meeting. When we have this tool, the MMT SIG will have the possibility to review the mappings. Onno to make a topic in the forum.

8. PCA, MIMOSA, Fiatech Forum – Americas 2013 - San Antonio, March 24 and 25
There will be an MMT SIG meeting in San Antonio Mach 24. All are welcome to attend.

9. A.O.B.
Onno informed about DMS and interest in ISO 15926. See their web site for more information: http://www.dms365.com

Action Items

Action 13.01 Create topic in forum for HEED mappings (Onno)
Action 13.02 Prepare some information about plans for the TIP editor (Darius)
Action 13.03 Invites to the agreed time slot for future MMT meetings (Lillian)

Home
About PCA
Reference Data Services (RDS)
RDS Operations Support
Meetings and Conferences
ISO 15926
Special Interest Groups
Technical Advisory Board
Norwegian Continental Shelf Std
Projects
Search