PCA Modelling, Methods and Technology, August 30th 2012

Time and place

30.08.2012, 7.30AM - 8.30AM (CEST)
GoToMeeting (how to connect - need login)
Next meeting: 27.09.2012, 2.30PM - 3.30PM (CEST)

Agenda:

  1. Approval of agenda
  2. Approval of MoM from last meeting
  3. Updates from 15926.org (Kari Anne/Onno)
  4. Update on the pattern selector (Ian/Onno)
  5. Creation, ownership, merging, compoing and maintenance of OIMs (Pavel)
  6. A.O.B.

Minutes of Meeting

1. Approval of agenda

OK

2. Approval of MoM from last meeting

OK

3. Updates from 15926.org
From our last meeting it was agreed that we should terminate and start new discussions on:

This has now been completed. The next step is for the group, in particular the Core group, to comment on these subjects.

  • If you have questions or disagree – please say so and please post an alternative solution.
  • If you agreed – please say so. This kind of feedback is also of good value for us.
  • If you do not understand – please say so. Then we know that we need to explain better/differently.
  • If you disagree but do not have a good alternative solution – please say so, and please state why you disagree. Even though you do not have a good alternative solution, if you give your argument for why you disagree someone else might come up with a solution.

To each of our discussions in focus Onno will write up a summary so that people can easy catch up with the essence of the discussions.

In addition it was agreed to add topics about

  • Power set
  • Standardized diagrams and symbols

These topics have been posted, but for some reasons they have been removed. Onno will consolidate Hans about this.

Standardized diagrams and symbols
With regards to the standardized diagram and symbols there exist two sets. The one that are used in ISO 15926 part 2, which Hans has been using and the once that has been used within PCA, and which Magne has been using. If we were to use only one set of diagrams and symbols this would mean that all of the model-work done with the other set had to be re-modelled. We just have to accept that there exist two sets for diagrams and symbols. In general they mean the same. The important thing is that you do not mix them.

Templates on 15926.org:
All class and temporal_part templates have been finalized. They should now have the correct signature and template. Please have a look at it…
With all of these in place and when they have all been approved, we can start working on more general templates.

FYI: when on the page that lists all the templates, it is possible to download an OWL containing all these templates (select the Download consolidated OWL file). This will, on the fly, generate an OWL file of all the templates.

Namespaces:
Onno will make a summary wrt the Namespace strategy. This should be in alignment with the namespace strategy for the JORD project.

5. Update on the pattern selector
This issue was postponed to the next meeting.

5. Creation, ownership, merging, composing and maintenance of OIMs
Pavel raised a need for consolidation and input from the MMT group wrt. OIMs. In general they need input and advice on how to merge two IOM’s. Please see attached presentation about this issue. The issue will be posted on 15926.org, but in addition we would encourage members of MMT that have good input on this issue to get in touch with Pavel to discuss in further details. When we have a good solution it will be presented to the group.

6. A.O.B.
On the MMT start page, under the discussions section, there will be a direct link to those discussions that are currently in focus.
Input from the Geometry SIG: awaiting feedback from Keith Willshaw...

Home
About PCA
Reference Data Services (RDS)
RDS Operations Support
Meetings and Conferences
ISO 15926
Special Interest Groups
Technical Advisory Board
Norwegian Continental Shelf Std
Projects
Search