PCA Modelling, Methods and Technology, August 29th 2013

Time and place

29.08.2013, 2.30PM - 3.30PM (CEST)
GoToMeeting (how to connect - need login)
Next meeting: September 26th 2013, 2.30-3.30PM CEST

Attendees

Darius Kanga, Keith Willshaw, Geiza Hamazaki, Gabriel Lopes, Victor Agroskin, Manoj Dharwadkar, Mark Palmer, Onno Paap and Lillian Hella (MoM)

Agenda:

  1. Approval of agenda
  2. Approval of MoM from last meeting
  3. Review Process for Templates
  4. Version control for Reference Data including Template and Part 4 RDL Classes
  5. 15926.org forum update
  6. A.O.B.

1. Approval of agenda
Approved.

2. Approval of MoM from last meeting
Approved.

3. Review Process for Templates
A process for review of templates was proposed (a simplified ISO procedure). It consists of the following steps:

  • Proposal
    • Documentation
    • According to some specification
    • With a reasonable size (i.e. not too big)
  • Hearing
    • With deadline
    • 1-5 months usual for ISO
    • Should try to keep it shorter than usual ISO procedures (14 days-1 month)
    • Use simplified ISO comment form
  • Collect comments
    • 1-3 persons to collect, summarize and group received comments
  • Propose solution
    • Usually based on the received comments and proposals
  • Agree on changes
    • In case of many identified necessary changes, send out to new hearing

The proposed process looks okay and it will be presented at the next TAB meeting (Sept 4th) to get their feedback and approval. The same process will be useful for other SIGs as well.

It is suggested to start with a subset of the WholeLifeIndividual templates. It contains some of the simplest templates, and should hopefully be easy to agree on. These would also be very important for ongoing projects.

4. Version control for Reference Data including Template and Part 4 RDL Classes
This is not an urgent issue right now, but we should avoid a situation similar to the one we had after closure of the RDSWIP. It is a problem that reference data items have been deleted. Future procedures will avoid this. However, for the last syncronisation with Brutus there might some deletions. PCA will publish a diff file produced from the .15926 editor together with the update, and the previous version of the content of the current endpoint will be available in a separate endpoint.

5. 15926.org forum update
A closed Part 9 forum has been created. More participants are wanted, so please send an email to Onno if you want to join, or if you want to have read access.

There is also a discussion on some error in the owl file generated from the 15926.org templates. Onno, Håvard and Victor to try to resolve error on OWL verson of the 15926.org template set. The discussion will continue on email. See http://15926.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=164&sid=7c15db45797f350136542e5864deacde.

6. A.O.B
DEXPI a project working on data exchange with ISO 15926. For more information see:

For their presentations from Semantic Days Stavanger and Fiatech Europe Meeting (EAC) see:

Action Items

Action 13.14 Propose subset of templates to evaluate first (Keith)

Home
About PCA
Reference Data Services (RDS)
RDS Operations Support
Meetings and Conferences
ISO 15926
Special Interest Groups
Technical Advisory Board
Norwegian Continental Shelf Std
Projects
Search