PCA Modelling, Methods and Technology, June 26th 2014

Time and place

26.06.2014, 2.30PM - 3.30PM (CEST)
GoToMeeting (how to connect - need login)
Next meeting: August 2014, 2.30-3.30PM CEST

Attendees

Keith Willshaw, Victor Agroskin, Darius Kanga, Andrew Prosser, Tore Christiansen and Lillian Hella (MoM)

Agenda:

  1. Approval of agenda
  2. Approval of MoM from last meeting
  3. Review actions
  4. Follow-up and status of template review
  5. Patterns (including TIPs and TSPs)
  6. A.O.B.

Minutes of Meeting

1. Approval of agenda
Approved.

2. Approval of MoM from last meeting
Approved.

3. Review actions
Action 14.10 Check namespace for templates in JORD ID spec (Lillian)

Action 14.14 Availability and sharing of latest version of JORD TSP spec - make available in forum (Lillian)

Action 14.15 Start topic on forum about pattern concerns and reservations (Hans)

  • Shared as a separate document - mail attachment.

The rest of the open actions are mentioned at the end of the minutes.

4. Follow-up and status of template review
There is some remaining documentation on the MMT SIG pages for #2.2, while #3 is still open with some unresolved issues in the forum discussion.

5. Patterns (including TIPs and TSPs)
Some background information available:

It will be useful to start with a discussion about the requirements and what the features of patterns should be. What is expected from patterns? One view is that patterns should have the possibility to represent the mappings from templates and RDF to the full representation. Existing rule languages are not considered enough, and Victor has proposed a way to proceed using RDF. However, there is some uncertainty related to other possible requirements, e.g. what are the requirements from iRing Tools environment? We need input on the proposal from Victor from iRing Tools architects. Keith and Rahul have considered a similar approach as Victor. They will review material and provide feedback in the near future.

A challenge today is the identification problem ("the intermediate identifier problem") - e.g. how to know that a set of properties actually belongs to the same stream instead of "inventing" new streams for each property. This problem is a challenge with TIPs because of the use of local identification. Currently there is no way to say that a stream is identical to some other stream. Therefore there is a need to expose the identifiers. Victor will create a thread in forum on alternative ways to solve the stream identification problem. What are the assumptions that related to a TIP today? One should model these assumtions to make them explicit and avoid ambiguity.

One possibility is to require more during the modeling of the pattern (e.g. classify incoming og outcoming stream of a pump). Such an approach requires more work on the design of the pattern.

Review of patterns is important. Feedback on Victor´s report on generic patterns is highly appreciated. A procedure that can be done offline is recommended, so that e.g. domain experts do not have to be involved. It is acknowledged that many TIPs conforms to a general pattern (that has multiple variations).

6. A.O.B.
There will be no meeting in July. Hence next meeting will be scheduled for end of August. Lillian´s replacement will send out new invites (hopefully confirmed soon). Be aware that some external people have difficulties with Lync, if that is what will be used for future meetings.

Action Items

Action 14.16 Create new thread in forum on alternative ways to solve the stream identification problem (Victor)

Carry over from previous MMT meetings:
Action 14.11 Send out current export of approved templates - without changes (Onno)
Action 14.12 Review and check compliance of set of approved templates (Victor, all)
Action 14.13 Send Lillian pdfs for approved template for batch #2.2 so that MMT SIG documentation can be completed (Onno, Lillian)

Home
About PCA
Reference Data Services (RDS)
RDS Operations Support
Meetings and Conferences
ISO 15926
Special Interest Groups
Technical Advisory Board
Norwegian Continental Shelf Std
Projects
Search