PCA Modelling, Methods and Technology, May 23rd 2013
Time and place
23.05.2013, 2.30PM - 3.30PM (CEST)
GoToMeeting (how to connect - need login)
Next meeting: June 27th 2013, 2.30-3.30PM CEST
Darius Kanga, Keith Willshaw, Victor Agroskin, Onno Paap, Kari Anne Haaland Thorsen, Michael Wiedau and Lillian Hella (MoM)
- Approval of agenda
- Approval of MoM from last meeting
- Part 4 namespace, possible ISO/PCA agreement
- # and / uris
- HEED and progress on change management
- 15926.org forum update
- PCA meetings and Semantic Days
Minutes of Meeting
1. Approval of agenda
2. Approval of MoM from last meeting
3. Part 4 namespace, possible ISO/PCA agreement
Maintenance of Part 4 is on the agenda for the Paris ISO-meeting. These plans will be useful input for what the MMT will propose. Nils and David Leal will also be present, which gives the possibilities to discuss other issues related to possible arrangements and future possible changes. Lillian will therefore report back at the next meeting (ref action 13.10).
4. # and / uris
Note the difference between hash and slash uris. When a client wants to retrieve a hash URI, then the HTTP protocol requires the fragment part to be stripped off before requesting the URI from the server. Hence there needs to be a slash uri for dereferencability. Hash identifiers works fine for smaller sets that are published. The PCA RDL is a big set and uses slash uris and will continue to do that supported with the linked data pages. If anyone has any views on uri scheme e.g. related to sandbox services, please provide your feedback.
5. HEED and progress on change management
The HEED project is working on a report on product life cycle stages and are currently working on how to model it (1. deep and 2. shallow modelling). They will let us know if they have something to share.
6. 15926.org forum update
- Minor comments on identification of templates (discussed in the Part 8 Implementation Workgroup): http://15926.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=155
- New thread on ISO 15926-4 objects dereferenceable, but not many comments yet http://15926.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=157
- The template set at 15926.org will by updated according to the JORD Id spec and consolidated with the IIP template set
- Some new publications
7. PCA meetings and Semantic Days
Kari Anne, Michael and Lillian will attend.
Regarding dereferenceability; Poor support services from PURL. The alternative is to manage an own purl server. Such a solution requires cooperation with ISO. An alternative approach could be to use a predicate instead. We will probably know more about the plans for Part 4 after the ISO meeting i Paris i June that hopefully will give a better starting point for further recommendations.