PCA Modelling, Methods and Technology, December 19th 2013

Time and place

19.12.2013, 2.30PM - 3.30PM (CET)
GoToMeeting (how to connect - need login)
Next meeting: January 23rd 2013, 2.30-3.30PM CET

Attendees

Keith Willshaw, Onno Paap, Victor Agroskin, Darius Kanga, Manoj Dharwadkar, Devesh Sachar, Magne Valen-Sendstad, Markus Stumptner and Lillian Hella (MoM)

Agenda:

  1. Approval of agenda
  2. Approval of MoM from last meeting
  3. Initial results from review of first batch of templates
  4. Evaluation and feedback on review process
  5. A.O.B.

Minutes of Meeting

1. Approval of agenda
Approved.

2. Approval of MoM from last meeting
Approved.

3. Initial results from review of first batch of templates
Three votes and three checklists from a total of six persons have been delivered and are available from the forum. The current MMT core consists of 13 persons, and it would be preferred that we had higher participation from both the MMT core and others. Other persons are encouraged to provide their feedback even though they are not MMT Core members. All comments from the checklists will be addressed, and Onno will start this documentation work. Because of the holidays coming up, a decision about the way forward will be postponed to the January meeting. In conjunction we will review the members of the MMT Core to find a group of active and available people.

We have started the evaluation with an empty set of templates, and one does not need to consider initial set from Part 7 when evaluating the proposed set. However, it is likely that some templates from Part 7 will be mirrored (as we have seen from the first batch of templates). There are 105 proto-templates attached to Part 8. These will remain as they are. 45 initial set templates are attached to Part 8, and the proposed set we are evaluating and about to evalute will replace this set. A change of Part 7 will be a separate discussion.

4. Evaluation and feedback on review process
The process has worked fine, but there are some improvements that can be made. It should be simpler to fill out the checklist and an online form for the checklist would be preferred (see Action 13.24). We can also simplify filling out the checklist by having a combined checklist for all the templates in a review batch (e.g. as in Onno´s response). The review period was acceptable, and we should continue to keep it rather short (7-14 days). An advantage with the forum has been the possiblity for feedback from other people than the proposer of the templates for reviewed.

5. A.O.B
Hans is about to prepare a Batch 2 for review, and we propose that the material is prepared for the next MMT meeting. For ongoing projects, a continuation of review of templates for individuals would be preferred as they will be very useful. Hans is therefore encouraged to choose such templates in the next batch. We aim for a conclusion for the first batch at the next meeting, and can proceed with batch 2 after that.

Action Items

Action 13.20 Document review with checklists and responses to comments (Onno)
Action 13.21 Prepare review of MMT Core members (Lillian)
Action 13.22 Prepare review of MMT group (Lillian)
Action 13.23 Prepare a Batch 2 for review to the January Meeting (Hans)
Action 13.24 Check possibilities for online checklist (Onno)

Home
About PCA
Reference Data Services (RDS)
RDS Operations Support
Meetings and Conferences
ISO 15926
Special Interest Groups
Technical Advisory Board
Norwegian Continental Shelf Std
Projects
Search