PCA Modelling, Methods and Technology, March 29th 2012

Time and place

7.06.2012, 2.30PM - 3.30PM (CEST))
GoToMeeting (see the meeting invitation for connection details)
Next meeting: 28.06.2012, 2.30PM - 3.30PM (CEST))

Attendees

Darius Kanga, Devesh Sachar, Hamazaki Geiza, Keith Willshaw, Magne Valen-Sendstad, Mikhail Fedorov, Onno Paap, Peter Denno, Scott Gracie, Victor Agroskin, and Kari Anne Haaland Thorsen (MoM)

Agenda:

  1. Approval of agenda
  2. Approval of MoM from last meeting
  3. Presentation of MMT Core Group And Deadlock group
    1. Clarification in way of working
  4. A.O.B.

Minutes of Meetings

1. Approval of agenda

OK

2. Approval of MoM from last meeting

OK

3. Presentation of MMT Core Group And Deadlock group
The members of the core group are as follow:

  • Darius Kanga
  • Geiza Hamazaki
  • Hans Teijgeler
  • Ian Glendinning*
  • Kari Anne Haaland Thorsen
  • Keith Willshaw*
  • Magne Valen-Sendstad*
  • Mikhail Federov
  • Onno Paap*
  • Pavel Selchukov*
  • Rahul Patil
  • Viktor Agroskin

The once with an asterisk next to their name are the members of the deadlock group.

a. Clarification in way of working

We experienced some problems with the recent votes on the 15926.org forum. The major issues were:

  • The requirement to order the voting, i.e. vote for some issues before others.
  • Some of the issues were not open for voting
  • Some models proposed were too complex for a simple yes/no vote

It was proposed to break down the models to simpler part as follows:

Property Range Issue:
The discussion is to be locked. Onno will summarize the discussion, and start different topics to cover various branches of the discussion. Magne prefer to model this in part2 and part4, and Onno showed how The Oline Tools Template definitions allow for this.

Plant Lifecycle Model:
Two main issues were discussed:

  • Modelling using Classes instead of individuals
  • Modelling of Temporal Parts to Classes

Onno will split the proposals and lock the existing issue after discussion with Mange and Hans. This is to allow the group to discuss the matter farther.

Class Model:
This existing issue will also be locked and discussion renewed with a proposal aimed at coming up with a clear method of making a clear decision preferably using a flowchart.

Template model revisited:
In order to use Class Model new Templates would be requires. Hans wanted to summarize these changes. However, new ideas have evolved which instead of pointing at templates involves pointing at specialized classes using enumerated lists of classes. This will become decouples from the Plat Lifecycle Model. Magne discussed necessity of deciding where you are in the 4-level architecture.

Onno, Hans, Ian and Magne are to meet 21/22nd of June to discuss these modelling issues further. The result of the meeting will be presented in our next meeting.

Subjects should be open for discussions at an adequate time for the core group to evaluate and comment. Preferably discussions should end with a consensus, but if that is not possible, Kari Anne will arrange for special deadlock meetings.

Kari Anne asked for feedback with regards to the core groups vacation plans. This was to avoid pulling of a vote at the middle of someone’s vacation.

4. A.O.B.

  • Due to health, Hans will not get involved in the meetings, but he will continue to play a role in giving advice.
  • Victor raised some issues of New Template for PropertyWithValueofTemporalPart - Onno undertook to respond and add history to the discussion
  • Some people have experience difficulties with the previous meeting invites. Kari Anne will delete all existing invite, and send out new invites. Future meeting-schedule (changes might occur) :
Date (2012)Time
June 2814:30 - 15:30 (CEST)
July 2620:30 - 21:30 (CEST)
August 3007:30 - 08:30 (CEST)
September 2714:30 - 15:30 (CEST)
October 2520:30 - 21:30 (CEST)
November 2907:30 - 08:30 (CET)

CEST: Central European Summer Time CET: Central European Time

Action Items

Action 09.12 Send out new invite to all members of the MMT group. (Kari Anne)
Action 10.12 Close up current discussions on the 15926.org forum and open new discussions according to agreement in this meeting (Onno, Kari Anne).

Home
About PCA
Reference Data Services (RDS)
RDS Operations Support
Meetings and Conferences
ISO 15926
Special Interest Groups
Technical Advisory Board
Norwegian Continental Shelf Std
Projects
Search