FIATECH PCA Instrument and Control, November 17th 2015

Time and place

17.11.2015, 3.00PM - 4.00PM (CET)
GoToMeeting (how to connect - need login)
Next meeting: December 1st 2015, 3.00-4.00PM CET

Attendees

Bjørn Berli, Hindrik Koning, Keith Willshaw, Chris Binns, Darijus Strasunskas (MoM)

Agenda

1. Approval of agenda.
2. Approval of MoM.
3. DEXPI model for instrumentation
4. Status of DEXPI.
5. Status of STI.
6. Proposal for top classes of instruments.
7. Coordination of Reference Data development, maintenance and enhancement
8. Agenda for the next Meeting.
9. A.O.B.
10. Review of Actions

Minutes of Meeting

1. Approval of agenda. Approved.

2. Approval of MoM. Approved.

3. DEXPI model for instrumentation. Model is not complicated, but there were problems with terminology. DEXPI have worked for a couple of years and have produced several RDLs. The Project has taken a functional approach to instrumentation, rather than physical. At the same time the RDL2 group was working on top structure. As the result, there is no effect on structure, but only on labels.
New classes are added to the DEXPI sandbox (SPARQL endpoint). Later the content will be moved to the PCA RDL. IEC is compatible with DEXPI RDL. DEXPI is not considering process control function and process control systems. Current focus is on P&ID transfer. Though control might be added (each year scope is revised).

4. Status of DEXPI. see above.

5. Status of STI. Reference group meeting has been held. Working on establishing method and process for discipline groups to work. First working group is planned to start right after Christmas.

6. Proposal for top classes of instruments. PCA RDL entries are reused. PCA RDL had no transmitters. There is a spreadsheet covering instruments (supplemental to top hierarchy). It is agreed that changes need to be marked clearly (see MoM: https://www.posccaesar.org/wiki/SigICMom111115 )

7. Coordination of Reference Data development, maintenance and enhancement. RDL2 spreadsheets are made to organize taxonomies. No overlap With instrument work, though process control spreadsheets might be overlapping.
PCA is working on clarifying a procedure for RDL maintenance. It is important to have rules to describe names and definitions.

8. Agenda for the next Meeting.
1. Approval of agenda.
2. Approval of MoM.
3. DEXPI model for instrumentation
4. Status of DEXPI.
5. Status of STI.
6. Proposal for top classes of instruments.
7. Coordination of Reference Data development, maintenance and enhancement
8. Agenda for the next Meeting.
9. A.O.B.
10. Review of Actions

9. A.O.B. None

10. Review of Action Items.
Actions could be dealt with in between meetings. Sending to Darijus.

Action items

15.03. PCA makes a draft for the next discussion and distributes few days before the next Meeting. (pending from the meeting on 3rd of Nov.)
15.04. Hindrik to distribute sections 4.1 and 5.1 from "Functional safety" document.
15.05. Hindrik to discuss with Hans edm namespace used in instrumentation top hierarchy. How differet is it from Part 2 and Part 12? edm:FunctionalObject might be miscommunication as Keith was using FunctionalPhysicalObject?.

Home
About PCA
Reference Data Services (RDS)
RDS Operations Support
Meetings and Conferences
ISO 15926
Special Interest Groups
Technical Advisory Board
Norwegian Continental Shelf Std
Projects
Search