|Version 88 (modified by ianglendinning, 5 years ago)|
- Reference Data Services
- PCA RDL (Reference Data Library) Content Access
Reference Data Services
PCA provides services for Reference Data according to the ISO 15926 standard "Industrial automation systems and integration—Integration of life-cycle data for process plants including oil and gas production facilities". Since the Reference Data Library (RDL) is extensible and managed, the content at any given time is often referred to as "WIP" or Work In Progress.
Access to the PCA Reference Data Library (RDL) is provided under the terms of the PCA Articles of Association, namely "Reference Data Libraries shall be open, i.e. they can be used by everyone for their own purpose, on equal terms."
Service Requests for RDS System Support and/or RDL Content Support are provided for registered users.
This page describes what those services are and how to access them.
PCA RDL (Reference Data Library) Content Access
IMPORTANT NOTE : Since 2011 the JORD Project is working to enhance the PCA RDS in partnership with FIATECH. For a general timeline of JORD project activities, see the project page. For access to RDL content via the latest RDS see below - latest first:
JORD Endpoint V2 (Interim test & evaluation status, July 2012)
The human browser access & query page is http://jord-dev.org/ep/pcardl/
The actual SPARQL endpoint is http://jord-dev.org/endpoint/pcardl
(NOTE : Documentation is in progress. Content and query functionality is the same as V1. V2 uses Fuseki upgrade from Joseki to support user Sandboxes with update queries and bulk upload, as well as improved memory performance. Current test & evaluation status; endpoint address will switch over to persistent PCA RDS Endpoint address, when production status is declared. For new SANDBOX SERVICE REQUESTS - please use RDS Support Request Ticket - see below.)
JORD Endpoint V1 (Interim production supported status, September 2011)
The human browser access & query page is http://posccaesar.org/endpoint/
The actual SPARQL endpoint is [http://posccaesar.org/endpoint/sparql
(Documentation is here. As well as the PCA RDL, content includes pointers to RDS/WIP equivalent resources to maintain compatibility for iRINGTools and other users.)
RDS/WIP Endpoint (Status - supported but obsolescent)
The initial "RDL Facade dot Org" RDS/WIP Enpoint is http://rdl.rdlfacade.org/data?info=&search=
(For more information see the iRINGToolsUserGroup http://iringug.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page )
(PLEASE NOTE : Subject to satisfactory evaluation of the later endpoints above, the RDS/WIP Endpoint is due for retirement by September 2012. Please plan accordingly.)
A screenshot of the ISO 15926 POSC Caesar RDS
PCA "Brutus" RDL Content Browser
Public access to the PCA RDL Content is via a read-only guest log-in to the master Reference Data Editor of the PCA RDL. It is a thin client requiring Java Runtime Environment 1.4 or more. The client is also available for download: http://rds.posccaesar.org/downloads/PCA-RDS_client.zip
(NOTE : These browser clients run on the legacy "Brutus" database, which currently remains the PCA RDL Master. JORD Endpoints above are populated with OWL file exports from here. When upgraded tools from the JORD Project are sufficiently complete, Brutus will cease to be the master and will be retired.)
File-Download formats of PCA RDL Content
The PCA RDL Content is also available for public access and/or download in different formats:
(NOTE : These are currently generated by export from the "Brutus" master above. The intention is to continue support for these or equivalent exports once the JORD enhanced RDS becomes the master RDL.)
- MS Access Database: http://rds.posccaesar.org/downloads/PCA-RDL.mdb.zip contains the full PCA RDL content, including content not visible in the Java thin-client RDS Browser interface.
- Spreadsheet Formats: The "initial set" of ISO15926-4 RD 2007 content remains accessible from ISO SC4. (See http://www.caesarsystems.co.uk/iso/ts/15926/-4/tech/reference-data-library/v-1/) Updates to these and ISO processes for maintenance of standard reference data as databases are work in progress. Partial report download spreadsheet formats (and upload, see below) from the PCA RDS are also supportable. Please use Operations Support service requests for these.
- OWL files: http://rds.posccaesar.org/downloads/PCA-RDL.owl.zip contains the full PCA RDS content in an interim format. For more information on this format and other ISO15926 parts available in OWL formats, see also https://www.posccaesar.org/wiki/ISO15926inOWL
RDS Operations Support
Registered users of the PCA Reference Data Services are also provided with operational support. These services are explained and accessed from RDS Operations Support Home.The purpose of these services is to ensure high quality and timely handling of requests made to or about the RDS (Reference Data Services) System and RDL (Reference Data Library) Content. Support arrangements are defined according to ITIL® and the ISO 20000 Specification.
Existing Support Users should create support ticket requests directly here.
(Note separate log-in required.)
- Registered Users who do not also have PCA Membership receive a reduced operational support service.
- The PCA Operations Support Service operates the process of handling RDL Content Change Requests and clarifications in support of the RDL Maintenance Procedure, but does not operate the full content maintenance process.
- Where such Change Requests include proposed new RDL Content please submit / attach using the Batch Upload Spreadsheet format. For explanation and a template of the spreadsheet format used to batch import reference data items, refer to the RDS Spreadsheet Batch Upload.
- Where users require guidance on how to relate or map their business data using ISO 15926 Reference Data, please see joint PCA / FIATECH JORD Mapping Methodology (via the JORD project pages).