|Version 61 (modified by ianglendinning, 8 years ago)|
Reference Data Services
PCA provides services for Reference Data according to the ISO 15926 standard "Industrial automation systems and integration—Integration of life-cycle data for process plants including oil and gas production facilities". Since the Reference Data Library (RDL) is extensible and managed, the content at any given time is often referred to as "WIP" or Work In Progress.
Access to the PCA Reference Data Library (RDL) is provided under the terms of the PCA Articles of Association, namely "Reference Data Libraries shall be open, i.e. they can be used by everyone for their own purpose, on equal terms."
Service Requests for RDS System Support and/or RDL Content Support are provided for registered users.
This page describes what those services are and how to access them.
PCA RDL (Reference Data Library) Content Access
A screenshot of the ISO 15926 POSC Caesar RDS
Browser Access to ISO 15926 POSC Caesar RDL Content
Public access to the PCA RDL Content is via a read-only guest log-in to the master Reference Data Editor of the PCA RDL. It is a thin client requiring Java Runtime Environment 1.4 or more. The client is also available for download: http://rds.posccaesar.org/downloads/PCA-RDS_client.zip.
File Download of PCA RDL Content
The PCA RDL Content is also available for public download in different formats:
- MS Access Database: http://rds.posccaesar.org/downloads/PCA-RDL.mdb.zip
More on Camelot / iRING / Avalon collaborative projects developing the OWL formats, URI endpoints, technology and infrastructure.
RDS Operations Support
Registered users of the PCA Reference Data Services are also provided with operational support. These services are explained and accessed from RDS Operations Support Home.The purpose of these services is to ensure high quality and timely handling of requests made to or about the RDS (Reference Data Services) System and RDL (Reference Data Library) Content. Support arrangements are defined according to ITIL® and the ISO 20000 Specification.
- Registered Users who do not also have PCA Membership receive a reduced operational support service.
- The PCA Operations Support Service operates the process of handling RDL Content Change Requests and clarifications in support of the RDL Maintenance Procedure, but does not operate the full content maintenance process.
- Where such Change Requests include proposed new RDL Content please submit / attach using the Batch Upload Spreadsheet format. For explanation and a template of the spreadsheet format used to batch import reference data items, refer to the RDS Spreadsheet Batch Upload.
- Where users require guidance on how to relate or map their business data using ISO 15926 Reference Data, please see joint PCA / FIATECH IDS-ADI Project "Characterization Methodology" pages.