|Version 40 (modified by ianglendinning, 8 years ago)|
Reference Data Services
PCA provides services for Reference Data according to the ISO 15926 standard "Industrial automation systems and integration—Integration of life-cycle data for process plants including oil and gas production facilities". Since the Reference Data Library (RDL) is extensible and managed, the content at any given time is often referred to as the WIP (Work In Progress).
Access to the PCA Reference Data Library (RDL) WIP is provided under the terms of the PCA Articles of Association, namely "Reference Data Libraries shall be open, i.e. .... they can be used by everyone for their own purpose, on equal terms."
Service Requests for RDS System Support and/or RDL Content Support are provided for registered users.
This page describes what those services are and how to access them.
PCA RDL (Reference Data Library) Content Access
A screenshot of the ISO 15926 POSC Caesar RDS
Browser Access to ISO 15926 POSC Caesar RDL Content
Public access to the PCA RDL Content is via a read-only guest log-in to the master Reference Data Editor of the PCA RDL. It is a thin client requiring Java Runtime Environment 1.4 or more. The client is also available for download: http://rds.posccaesar.org/downloads/PCA-RDS_client.zip.
File Download of PCA RDL Content
The PCA RDL Content is also available for public download in different formats:
- OWL file: http://rds.posccaesar.org/downloads/PCA-RDL.owl.zip (See ISO15926 in OWL for more information on ISO 15926 represented in OWL.)
- MS Access Database: http://rds.posccaesar.org/downloads/PCA-RDL.mdb.zip
Spreadsheet Batch Upload: Explanation and a template of the spreadsheet format used to batch import reference data item to the ISO 15926 POSC Caesar RDS (HOLD - Part of services below to address these ....) To find additional information and other resources: Other Resources
RDS(System) & RDL(Content) Operational Support
Registered users of the PCA Reference Data Services are also provided with operational support. The purpose of the RDS Operations Support is to ensure high quality and timely handling of requests made to or about the RDS (Reference Data Services) System and RDL (Reference Data Library) Content. Support arrangements are defined according to ITIL® and the ISO 20000 Specification.
RDS Operations Support Services are provided on a common Wiki platform.
These services include
- User Registration
- Scope & Definition of the Support Services and Maintenance Procedures.
- Operational Support Services FAQ
- Ticket System to initiate Service Requests (SR's) for
- System failures, technical problems, user access and general user problems with the RDS tools & applications provided.
- Change Requests (CR's), content queries & ISO15926 clarifications concerning the RDL (WIP) Content.
Note also that:
- The PCA Operations Support Service operates the process of handling RDL Content service requests and clarifications in support of the RDL Maintenance Procedure, but does not operate the full content maintenance process.
- Registered Users who are not also PCA Members receive a reduced operations support service.