- ISO 15926 Primer
- ISO15926 Standard Structure
- IDS-ADI Coordination Structure
- IDS-ADI Infrastructure
- The AVALON Project
- Core Modelers Projects
- Core Implementers Projects
- Core Compliance Project
- Core Methodology Project
- IDS-ADI Matrix Master (login)
- IDS-ADI Matrix 1,2,3 activity
- IDS-ADI Matrix 4 activity
- IDS-ADI Matrix 8 activity
- IDS-ADI Part3 Harmonization
- IDS-ADI BIDG (aka Handover Guide)
- IDS-ADI Proteus Project
POSC-Caesar FIATECH IDS-ADI Projects
Intelligent Data Sets Accelerating Deployment of ISO15926
Realizing Open Information Interoperability
The Proteus Project
Scope and Background
The Proteus project was originally called Matrix 1,2,3 and was initiated in response to the IDS-ADI Workshop in Houston April 2008. The goal was to determine the business requirements for and define use of the ISO 15926 model to support the exchange of intelligent P&ID and 3D models between different vendor systems. The scope encompassed exchange of data between P&IDs, P&IDs and 3D models and between 3D models. The participating vendors undertook to develop prototype interfaces for their systems to support these exchanges which would form the basis of product offerings.
At the FIATECH conference in Las Vegas April 2009, 7 vendors demonstrated exchange of intelligent models using Dictionary Compliant XML files that satisfied all 3 data exchanges. Several items were acknowledged as being necessary to provide commercial, robust software solutions to the Process and Power industries but were excluded for the pilot due to the time constraint to build software in time for the conference.
The Proteus project has been working to resolve these items and to enable software vendors to to be able to support them in their commercial offerings. Some of these have been addresed and others are still in progress in collaboration with the relevant PCA/FIATECH SIGs and the JORD project.
Key aspects being formalised include:
- User defined attributes
- Symbol library handling
- Validation against the RDL
- Dumb and intelligent Annotation
- Model representation in part 8 as well as Dictionary Compliant XML
- Preserving source data with round trip
Participants in the Proteus Project include:
- Software Vendors: Aspen Technology, AVEVA, Bentley, Siemens Comos, Dassault, Intergraph, Noumenon and Octaga.
- Owner Operators: Dow Chemical and Dupont.
(Note: A number of the vendors already provide products that adopt or support the Proteus Deliverables. Please contact the vendors for details.)
The primary project deliverables comprise the Proteus Schema together with definition of P&ID and 3D models included.
- The Proteus Schema (Published as the open-source XMpLant Schema v3.3.3)
- The Proteus P&ID Schema (Restricted profile of the main schema for P&ID only exchange)
- The Proteus ISO 15926 P&ID Model
- The Proteus ISO 15926 3D model
- The Proteus P&ID file specification
All other project working documents are available in the Proteus Project Subversion (SVN) Repository.
The object of Proteus as noted above was to achieve Dictionary Level Semantic Compliance for the scope described. The statement of compliance according to the Compliance Checklist is available here.
Discussion Collaboration Area
You must be logged in to see discussion items.
- ISO 15926 P&ID model.doc (0.5 MB) - added by arlaud 4 years ago.
- ISO 15926 3D model.doc (435.0 kB) - added by arlaud 4 years ago.
- XMpLantSchema_3.3.3.xsd (116.6 kB) - added by arlaud 4 years ago.
- Proteus333ComplianceStatement.doc (43.0 kB) - added by ianglendinning 4 years ago.
- XMpLantP&IDProfileSchema_3.3.3.xsd (74.8 kB) - added by andrewprosser 4 years ago.
- P&ID Profile file specification.doc (1.9 MB) - added by andrewprosser 4 years ago.