- Back to Avalon Collaboration Page
- Entry Points to Learning About ISO 15926
- Case Studies
- Principles of Interoperability
- Building a Business Case
- Discovering the Right Class
- TC 184 SC 4 WG 3
- Using the RDS/WIP (RDL Façade)
- POSC/CAESER RDS
- Mapping to ISO 15926-4
- Using Templates
- Diagnostic Page
ISO 15926 Tutorials
Status of this document: Working Draft
This document is open for feedback, please post questions and comments in the forum at the bottom of this page. You will need a login to post in the forum.
- Setting the Scenario
- Create Database Scripts
- Mapping Using the RDS/WIP
- Introduction to Templates
- Something Else
Setting the Scenario
In this scenario we will imagine an owner, an engineer, and a constructor exchanging information. The owner wants early information about each pipe line to populate its line list, the engineer is designing the plant with a 3D design tool, and the constructor wants to feed the piping components to a purchasing application. Each tool has its own database. It is your job to map the information to common ISO 15926-4 classes.
Each participant requires two tables, one for pipe lines and one for valves.
The first step is to get a description of the database columns involved in the exchange. In our example, we will assume that a database administrator in each of the three organizations gives you a SQL script that will create the tables at that organization, and another script to load a couple rows of sample data.
Mapping databases together is the entry level for using ISO 15926. The basic task is to examine each attribute to determine what it means, then find the appropriate class in the RDS/WIP, which is ISO 15926 part 4 (15926-4).
... ... ...
... ... ...
- MappingSpreadsheet_Blank.xls (63.5 kB) - added by gordonrachar 7 years ago.
- MappingSpreadsheet_First.xls (63.5 kB) - added by gordonrachar 7 years ago.
- MappingSpreadsheet_Second.xls (63.5 kB) - added by gordonrachar 7 years ago.
- MappingSpreadsheet_Third.xls (63.5 kB) - added by gordonrachar 7 years ago.
- MappingSpreadsheet_Columns.xls (63.5 kB) - added by gordonrachar 7 years ago.