- Back to Avalon Collaboration Page
- Entry Points to Learning About ISO 15926
- Case Studies
- Principles of Interoperability
- Building a Business Case
- Discovering the Right Class
- TC 184 SC 4 WG 3
- Using the RDS/WIP (RDL Façade)
- POSC/CAESER RDS
- Mapping to ISO 15926-4
- Using Templates
- Diagnostic Page
Owner/Operator Case Studies: 2003-01
Status of this document: Working Draft
This document is open for feedback, please post questions and comments in the forum at the bottom of this page. You will need a login to post in the forum.
- Case Study 2003-01
- Project Description
- Owner Requirements
- Business Case
- Developing the Information Asset
- Project Execution Summary
- Significance of this Project to ISO 15926
- Project Execution
Case Study 2003-01
- $4.3 billion Petrochemical Complex
- Located in mainland China near Hong Kong
- Products: styrene, propylene, ethylene and derivatives
- Detail engineering started 2003.
- A data warehouse to collect information from EPCs, contractors, and suppliers.
- Data warehouse to be standardized against ISO 15926.
- Web-based interface for access to data warehouse.
- Integration with SAP Plant Management Module.
- Integration with commercial document management system which was used by all participants.
- Easy access to plant information by personnel.
- Engineering documents in their native format:
- 3D models
- 2D models
- Data sheets
- Supplier documents contained in the document management system.
Developing the Information Asset
The development here was an integration layer between the web-based user interface and the documents contained in the commercial document management system. A number of tools were used:
- One tool was used to map objects in the 2D and 3D systems against ISO 15926.
- Another tool took the information from the 3D models and integrated it with the web-based user interface.
A major part of the work was classifying objects against their type.
Project Execution Summary
- one, two, three?
- anything special?
- Microsoft Access database to validate information handover.
- Commercial database for data warehouse.
Q. Ian. Please comment.
Significance of this Project to ISO 15926
. . .
. . .